Saturday, April 2, 2011

You Have to Start Somewhere...

Okay, I purchased some ProMarkers from Carpe Diem.  I wanted to see if I could "actually" stamp, color, and create a card.  I've never considered myself artistic or even "crafty" but, as you will see...I'm learning in steps and stages.


The one thing I do know is that you have to try!  You need to spend a little time accepting your failures, learning from them, and moving forward.  For a very long time, I would try something and quit if it didn't turn out "perfect".  That sounds silly doesn't it?  Where I would give others the encouragement to keep trying; I would NOT allow myself the same courtesy.  I decided to give myself that chance.

It's a life lesson really...Below is the first card I decided to enter in an LOTV Challenge.  I may not get a second glance, but it's okay, because I'm learning...I'm slowly improving...and best of all I'm having fun doing it!


LOTV Challenge 90 Spring Bunny

The moral of the story?  Give yourself a chance, if you haven't already.  Have fun...try something new...fail, and keep moving forward...keep trying!

Blessings Dear Ones!  Oh, and I've added a new gadget.  If you look to the upper left you'll see verses that carry a Promise, from the One you can fulfill them!

7 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Colleen thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I might never have found your beautiful blog & creations. Your card is stunning..the colours are so pretty. I love your stitching & your flowers are so sweet. :)
Your scrapbook pages are gorgeous. What wonderful keepsakes for the future..have fun. Gez.xx

Shanno's Country Chic said...

Thank you so much Gez!! You made my day! So glad you liked the blog and my work. I'm pretty new at this, but learning :)

BN Farrington said...

Thank you for the great reminder. Our gifts come from one that knows far more about us than we do ourselves. Love the verse!

Shanno's Country Chic said...

Hi Bev! Thank you for stopping by and sharing with me. It's so nice to hear from a Sister in Christ...I've become more and more aware of His presence in all that I do and I'm thankful for it.

Nicola said...

This is one gorgeous card Colleen, a perfect take for our Spring theme this week.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola

Rosietoes said...

Hi Colleen,
I've no other way of contacting you and I would like to reply to a query you left on my blog re: my Peach and Green LOTV challenge card.

The scrolls and decorative layers were cut using Spellbinders Parisian motif dies and are part of their new release this Spring.
I hope that helps and thank you for your encouragement.
Smashing card for the LOTV challenge too!

Edna x

Shanno's Country Chic said...

Hi Edna...Thank you again! Yes that helps...What die-cutting tool do you use? I don't have one and I'm enjoying this so much I may need to splurge and get one :)