Saturday, September 3, 2011

3 Day Weekend! Woot! Woot!

According to Wikipedia:

The first big Labor Day in the United States was observed on September 5, 1882, by the Central Labor Union of New York.  It became a federal holiday in 1894, when, following the deaths of a number of workers at the hands of the U.S. military and U.S. Marshals during the Pullman Strike, President Grover Cleveland reconciled with the labor movement.

Wow, now that is something I either didn't know or didn't remember...it was a bit before my time.  With that said, I didn't realize that people lost their lives prior to the first Labor Day.  It's a bit sobering.

We don't have any big plans...I'm going to work on a few projects and try to get some better ideas and photos for the shop.  Here's one I'm just about finished with:


You might wonder why I do so many of the same stamp...in part, my stamp collection is growing slowly, but I also colored several stamps ahead to give life to each "gal" in a fresh way.  I also tried to use different variations in color to compliment differing environments.

Thanks for taking the time with me today!  Blessings always!

Colleen



2 comments:

Betty said...

Your work is so lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog and sharing.

Frank said...

I really like Your Etsy Blog. It's kind of like a well-decorated home; warm, comfortable, and homely feeling!

Wasn't sure where to leave my comment, but I added my own link at the bottom of the blog page. Come visit me, sometime, at America In Prophecy. It's probably very different than anything else you've ever seen. ;0)