Monday, April 13, 2015

DIY Cute Mason Jars

Hey everyone!

Thanks for joining me today!  I added a couple great Cottage Chic gift/home decor items to my Etsy Shop Sweet Home Designs.

I found this DIY video and decided to give it a try.  This was really fun and easy to accomplish.


Basically, you head over to your favorite craft store and pick out a couple of Mason Jars.  Any brand will do.  I chose Kerr.  The video also recommended Martha Stewart's Multi-Surface Craft Paint.

You basically, paint the jars with 2 coats of paint.  Waiting an hour between each coat.  If you don't wait long enough the first coat begins to "gum" up and pull away from the jar...so waiting is good!

After both coats are applied; put your jars in the oven at 350' for 30 minutes.  Yup, you're baking the jars.  Then leave them in the oven until it has completely cooled down.  Pull out the jars and your ready for distressing.

I used a mild grain of sand paper and gently rubbed over the writing on the jars.  I also "scuffed" up the jars themselves for an additional Cottage Chic look.  As you can see, I added a few embellishments and Wah-Lah!  They were complete!

Thank you for stopping by!  Let me know what you think.

Blessings!!

No comments: