Tuesday, July 12, 2011

We Take Mom to the Airport Today

Today marks the day I take Mom to the airport to head for home.  Last night I cried and tonight I'll cry again.  I've been blessed to have the most wonderful Mom.  God has given her to us for 82 years and she has found the courage and the strength to fly across the country to visit me in Georgia. 

For those of you who don't know Mom lives in Washington State.  My siblings and family live there as well.  I have a wonderful family.  We went through much in life that created a never~ending bond.  For that I am thankful.


I love you Mom!  Thank you for loving me when I was not lovely * For holding me when I needed a hug * For sooooo many, too many wonderful memories to mention!  I'll miss you!  I miss you already.

Love you always!

Colleen

5 comments:

Sandee said...

Moms can be so very special. My mom has been gone for 20 years. I too miss her so. You sound like a wonderful daughter to me. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

Rambler said...

I totally understand - I cried for days when my mom went back home after visiting me for 6 mths - couldn't even go into her room (i.e guest room) for weeks.. Moms are indeed angels from heaven

unikorna said...

Lovely words. A week with my mom is worth a year of therapy. :)

Elly P said...

Beautiful words for your mother, cherish her always as I'm sure you do.

hugs
Elly P
x x

Sam D. said...

What a brilliant message for your mom. I can feel that you do miss her so much like I do miss my mom who passed away when I was 11 years old. You're lucky you can still hold, hug and kiss her every time you see her. I couldn’t ever experience that anymore until we meet again. By the way I’ve added here http://www.photosandtips.com and http://www.freddysam.com. Thank you and God bless your family always.