Friday, October 7, 2011

Do You Ever Lose Followers?

I do.  At first, because of who I am, I thought "What did I do?"  It's funny when you think about it.  Most of us don't "do" anything when we lose a "Follower".  It just time for them to move on.  Through attrition we will see "Followers" come and go.  It's perfectly normal and we shouldn't let it depress, upset, or otherwise change our day.

Would I love to have more "Followers"?  Of course!  We all would.  That's why we post, create, write, and blog.  We want to make friends, network, laugh, and support those that blog with us.

I found an excellent article regarding "losing Followers".  Please feel free to visit Single Dad Laughing and read his article You will lose blog followers, no biggie. This is a very insightful blog on growing your following.


Thanks for stopping by! An remember, you're never alone.

Blessings and love, Colleen

9 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Colleen thanks for this - not been blogging terribly long and lost my first one last week and it really puzzled me - so good to take heart and be of good cheer!
God's blessing, Shaz in oz.x

Duni said...

Hi Colleen,

over the years I have lost a few then gained a few. In the beginning I was pretty upset, thinking it was ME or my content!
Thanks for sharing the link!
Duni

Duni said...

Hi Colleen,

I emailed you back, but it failed to deliver somehow.
Anyway, just wanted to thank you for your kind message. In fact I lost a follower today - no biggie ;-)
Have a great weekend!
best wishes,
Duni

Catch My Words said...

I notice more on Twitter because I'm signed up for the qwitter emails. With the blog I don't notice as much.

Joyce
http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

That's a great article! I always feel bad when someone stops following me and wonder what I did wrong, but this helps put it in perspective. Thanks!

Elvirah said...

Loosing a follower is somethin i have not yet heard of. i recently started blogging anyways and its good to be aware of something like this before it happens to me. I just wish that no one should loose followers, it feels bad i know.

Storm, The Psychotic Housewife said...

I always get upset whenever I loose followers or subscribers. I cannot help it - I always wonder if I said something wrong? I know it is not a big deal though. :)

Elvirah said...

Hi Colleen, thanks for following me back. You have an amazing template, i must say.

david said...

like this post. two thumbs up.. and btw you are not alone too ^^